Monday 19 May 2014

Training - how helpful is it really?

Now that we have done a weekend's worth of training the question that comes to mind is how helpful it really, can you get from books, videos and just your own experience the same knowledge?

This ain't a post so I'll get to the point.  As someone who has done a small amount of 4wd around the Canberra and coastal surrounds, it still surprises how much there is still to learn.

A few key points I picked up:

  • little tips/tricks that I picked up in one weekend would have taken me many trips to gather through "normal" ad-hoc outings
  • an opportunity for a shared experience (kid free in our case) where both partners can learn and share the experience
  • an environment where you can test yourself and your car's limits in a safe environment
  • learn new things, techniques that will help you get out of trouble and in some cases not allow yourself to get in trouble in the first place

Katie and I both did the beginner, afterwards I chilled out behind the Bredbo pub in Ernie so that I could attend the send day whilst Katie returned to Canberra.

Video of some of the things we got up to.  http://4wdtrainingsolutions.com.au/galleries/4wdts-non-accredited-basic-and-advanced-road-driver-training

I should note that I have no affiliation or connection with the training provider above. Its simply what I personally got from training ...

So in overall I think that its worth the coin to learn the right things the right way ... and few new things along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment